Unlike dogs, cats don’t need to go for walks every day. They can get all the exercise and stimulation they need indoors. But that doesn’t mean you can’t take your cat outside. If you have a curious cat that you want to explore the outdoors, a good harness and leash are key. With 4.3 stars on Amazon and more than 12,000 reviews, the rabbitgoo Cat Harness and Leash is one of the best sets on the market. Keep reading to learn more about this affordable leash-and-harness set, as well as some tips for how to use it.
The rabbitgoo Cat Harness and Leash lets your cat travel outside safely and comfortably. It comes with a vest-style harness that is made of a breathable mesh. The material is soft and lightweight, making it ideal for all sorts of outdoor activities. It should fit snugly while still keeping your cat cool and comfy.
The product’s four adjustable straps will allow you to fit the cat harness properly. The adjustability, coupled with the vest-style design, makes it more difficult for your cat to slip out of her harness. Both sides of the harness are fastened with sturdy safety buckles, adding even more security. The harness also features reflective straps to increase visibility if you are ever out at night together.
The leash is six feet long, giving your kitty plenty of freedom to roam. It is made of durable nylon and attaches to a metal clip on the back of the harness. The harness design also helps evenly distribute the pressure from the leash across the cat’s chest and shoulders. This prevents neck strain and choking, making the rabbitgoo Cat Harness and Leash safer and more comfortable than the standard H-style harness.
The set is available in eight colors, including black, blue, pink, and yellow, and two sizes, extra-small and small. The extra-small size is designed for average-sized adult cats with a neck girth of 8.5–11 inches and a chest girth of 13.5–16 inches. The small is made for large cats measuring 11–13.7 inches around their neck and 18–20 inches around their chest. (At either size, your cat’s head should measure at least 10 inches around to keep her harness on.) This set is not designed for kittens or small cats.
Here are a few tips to help your cat get used to her new harness.
- Put the harness by your cat’s food bowl or sleeping area so she can become familiar with it in a safe and enjoyable environment.
- Anytime you put the harness on her, give her a treat. This type of positive reinforcement helps her associate good feelings with wearing the harness.
- If your cat seems uncomfortable in the harness, try to distract her with food or a toy. If she is still unhappy, take the harness off and try again later.
- Never force your cat to wear the harness. She will form a bad association with it and will not want to wear it again.
Walking your cat outdoors can be a great way to bond with your furry little friend and provide her with safe outdoor exercise. To do this securely, getting a harness and leash designed for cats is your best option. The rabbitgoo Cat Harness and Leash is one of the best sets on the market today. It is comfortable and secure for your kitty, which will make your outdoors time so much more enjoyable for you both. Check it out today and start satisfying your cat’s curiosity!
- Do cats sweat? How to tell if your cat is overheated
- A dirty litter box is dangerous for you and your cat: Why want to keep it clean
- Best cat car seats: 7 great options to keep your feline friend safe and comfy during drives
- Can cats eat raw chicken? Yes, but there are huge health risks you need to know about
- How many kittens can a cat have in a single litter? You might be surprised