If you spend enough time on social media — particularly sites like Tumblr, Pinterest, or TikTok — you’ll become at least somewhat familiar with “aesthetics.” These are moods or styles that influence art, clothing and decor choices, and even what someone posts online. Any vibe can be an aesthetic if it drives your style choices, so why not let your favorite aesthetics inspire your new dog’s name as well?
- Cottagecore dog names inspired by the cute, woodsy aesthetic that’s trending right now
- Grunge might not be for everyone, but these edgy dog names certainly could be
- Take a chill pill! We had to give you some baller Y2K-inspired names — obvi!
- Academia is vintage and classic, just like these unique dog names — and it includes several aesthetic subgenres
- If you’ve ever identified as a VSCO girl, you’ll love these photography-inspired dog names
- Barbiecore is gaining popularity, so you’ll be on top of trends with any of these glamorous monikers
These canine monikers range from timeless to eccentric (and everything in between), but they all have one thing in common: They’re all sure to put a smile on your face. Whether they remind you of something adorable, something nostalgic, or something totally epic, these cute dog names are the perfect wealth of information to start your search with.
Cottagecore dog names inspired by the cute, woodsy aesthetic that’s trending right now
Of all the popular aesthetics on the internet right now, cottagecore is arguably the most popular. These vibes can be described as natural, romantic, and vintage — and they’re just about every gardener’s dream come true. If you’ve ever imagined yourself tending a garden and knitting a sweater in the English countryside or foraging for mushrooms in the forest with your animal companion, this aesthetic might be for you.
These are some of our favorite cottagecore names for dogs. If none of these strike your fancy, there are an endless number of nature-inspired pet names that have the same rustic vibe.
Grunge might not be for everyone, but these edgy dog names certainly could be
Aesthetic names for dogs don’t all have to be cutesy and outdoorsy. Grunge is a popular aesthetic that thrives on edginess — think torn denim, oversized flannel, and rock n’ roll. You might even consider the 1990s music scene that inspired the term if you’re looking for a grunge name for your pet. In a stretch, something Seattle-inspired even fits the bill.
- Pearl (and Jam, for sibling pairs)
- Doc Marten
Take a chill pill! We had to give you some baller Y2K-inspired names — obvi!
If the early 2000s feels like yesterday, you’re not alone. It can be nostalgic and comforting to see the Y2K aesthetic making a comeback in fashion and design, so we understand why you’d consider one of these poppin’ names for your pup, too.
- Polly Pocket
Academia is vintage and classic, just like these unique dog names — and it includes several aesthetic subgenres
There’s “dark academia,” “light academia,” and even “preppy,” but an appreciation for knowledge and neoclassical architecture ties together all these subcategories of the academia aesthetic. This vibe is inspired by European universities and vintage design, though it blends well with modern aesthetics as well.
If you’ve ever identified as a VSCO girl, you’ll love these photography-inspired dog names
Unique dog names can come from anywhere, including the 2010s photography-inspired VSCO girl aesthetic. This vibe encompasses anything from that effortless beachy feel to the trendy suburban girl next door; basically, imagine someone who uses instant cameras on the regular and can name every Instagram filter!
- Lulu Lemon
Barbiecore is gaining popularity, so you’ll be on top of trends with any of these glamorous monikers
Some cute dog names come from pop culture influences, like celebrities or brands. These names, though, are inspired by a very popular family of dolls. We’re talking about Barbie, of course! “Barbiecore” has become its own online community in recent years, and now it represents a totally glamorous and feminine aesthetic.
With these 60 dog name ideas, your wheels have got to be turning! There are so many different aesthetics you can research when choosing the right moniker for your pet, but only you will know what’s the perfect fit. If you end up inspired by anything from these lists, let us know!
- Sorry Labs, you’re no longer America’s favorite dog (here’s what replaced them)
- Have your heart set on a breed? Here’s why it’s important to consider different types of dogs
- Cuteness alert: This dog’s reaction to a magic trick is so pure
- How often should you walk your dog? Probably much more often than you do now
- 6 Halloween dog bandana costumes that are too cute to resist